Art Makes Me Happy

7:30 PM Wendy 0 Comments

Like most artists, I keep a file of inspiring images that give me ideas and fuel me to continue making Art.  I used to keep a physical file, then bookmarks, and I think and one point I even had a large PowerPoint file I would paste images into as I found them, so I wouldn't lose them.  Now that Pinterest has been invented, I can use it to keep track of the Art that I find and love.  In fact, that's what I used Pinterest for more than anything- not to find stuff, but to catalog and organize what I find.  I call the board I keep these images on "Art Makes Me Happy" and I've started posting some of the images to Twitter with the tag #ArtMakesMeHappy.  Because it really does.  I am an artist and a teacher of Art because I love to be surrounded by creative ideas and beautiful images, and I love that Twitter and Pinterest and my little blog here allow us to share them with each other. I invite you to join my board or tag along with me so we can continue to spread around the inspiration.


I found this image, and despite being a huge fan of Louise Bourgeois, I had never seen it before, but seeing it instantly brightened my day.  What an amazing, creative, fascinating woman she was.  And fun, too.  You can just tell from her face that she was fun and silly and made dirty jokes and I love that about her.



0 comments: