3D Modeling - Mojo Jojo

1:23 PM Wendy 0 Comments

I teach a semester-long 3D Modeling course to my advanced high school students.  For their project, they are asked to make a hat for a monkey.  There is a monkey mesh built-in to Blender, so it's a great place to start.  All they have to do is add the monkey to their workspace, and then use shapes to construct a hat for the monkey.  It's a great way to get them comfortable with the 3D workspace and it teaches them how to move, rotate, and resize their meshes.

For more advanced students, I show them how to add materials and textures and invite them to put their own spin on the project.  Recently, a student turned in a monkey that she had made into Mojo Jojo from Powerpuff girls.  I think this is my favorite monkey project yet!  Instead of making a hat, she made a Mojo Jojo mask for her monkey.  I love it so much!



0 comments: