Nick Cave's Sound Suits

4:36 PM Wendy 0 Comments

While traveling in Savannah, I decided to check out the Jepson Art Museum, and I was so exited to discover that they were having an exhibition of Nick Cave's Sound Suits. I have log been a fan of Cave's art, but had never had the experience of seeing them in person.  It was amazing!  Each piece was beautiful and intricate and detailed and fascinating.  Here are some images I shot from the museum:























If you are not familiar with Cave's art, a great starting point is this video from Art21.  He is a fascinating artist and one that I love to show my students anytime we are discussing wearable art, performance, and/or fiber arts.


Here is another great interview with Mr. Cave:



However, if you get the chance to see the work in person, I highly recommend it!

0 comments: